Ways you can serve
We believe God has given each of us skills and gifts to use for His glory. Here are some ways you could jump in and serve.
1) Baby Pantry - Each Wed. night from 5-7:30pm and Sat. from 10am - Noon.
2) Free Community dinners - Every last Thurs. of the month.
3) Children's ministry - We always need people to sign up to be helpers and teachers. We ask all people serving in children's ministry to fill out a volunteer form, read our safe sanctuary policy and agree to a background check. We require these things to ensure the safety of the children God has sent us.
4) Other serving opportunities include: Ushers, Greeters, Sound Board, Computer operation, Lighting, Security, Hospitality, Worship team.
5) Annual outreach events: Community Easter Egg Hunt! 10,000 Eggs at Canal Park, Trunk or Treat each fall where we fill our trunks with candy and invite the community to come to the church to participate in Trunk or Treat! We've had as many as 1000 people at this event. We also send Disaster Relief teams out each year to areas where floods and tornadoes have destroyed homes and lives. Check our calendar for upcoming events.
6) You can help us at the Disciple Factory on 50s 30th St in Newark. Pastor Don Allen is a former biker who has been changed by the love of Jesus. The Disciple Factory reaches out to those who are addicted, homeless and hurting. Tues. nights at 6 we have church and a meal for the community.